Our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
This has been agreed by the PCC of the church and is in accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements.
This is the Church of England’s Safeguarding page and these are its latest National Safeguarding Standards.
Who can help you?
St Michael & All Angels Church
If you are worried, these are the people at St Michael and All Angels you can contact if you have any questions or concerns – either for yourself or regarding the safeguarding of other adults or children.
Safeguarding Officer (left):
Children’s Champion (right):
Fr Brandon Fletcher-James
If you want to speak or write to Jane or Fr Brandon please ring the Parish Office on 020 8994 1380 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fr Kevin Morris
St Michael and All Angels, Bedford Park
Chiswick, London W4 1TT
020 8994 1380 – out of office contact number always available or email email@example.com
Other places to find help and support
Do remember that if any situation is an emergency, or a child or adult is in immediate danger, the matter should reported immediately to the police and/or social services. There are support and advice and action lines locally in Hounslow as follows
Report Domestic Violence – Hounslow Housing
Phone: 020 8583 4000 from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Local Authority out of hours emergency social care duty team: call 020 8748 8588
National Domestic Violence Helpline
– For 24/7 confidential support and information call 0808 2000 247
– Website: https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
– National Domestic Violence email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The helpline is answered by fully trained female helpline support workers and volunteers who will answer your call in confidence. All calls to the helpline are free from mobiles and landlines.
Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141
Family lives (formerly Parentline): 0808 800 222
NSPCC If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact NSPCC 24/7 for help, advice and support on 0808 800 5000.
Local Authority Children’s Services/Social Care:
call 0208 753 6600 or email Familyservices@lbhf.gov.uk
Victim Support Victim Support can help you if you have experienced domestic violence. Their services are confidential and free. They can help you regardless of whether you’ve told the police or anyone else about the abuse. Call Supportline for free on 0808 168 9111 (open Monday to Friday 8pm-8am and 24 hours on the weekend). They can also help if English is not your first language.
Samaritans 24 hour helpline: 116 123
London Diocesan Safeguarding: call 020 7932 1224 or email email@example.com
If you are not able to contact anybody at St Michael’s or your concern relates to one of the church leaders, the Diocesan Safeguarding Team should be contacted directly.