A centre for the community, in the heart of Bedford Park
St Michael’s stylish yet historic Parish Hall is in constant use by the community – for education, parties, meetings and commercial and charity events (see below for some of the regular activities). It is available for bookings, particularly during school holidays.
The Hall adjoins the church, with its main entrance facing the lawn at the junction of Woodstock Road and Priory Avenue – see picture. The Michael Room is upstairs, reached by stairs to the left of the porch. The Gabriel and Raphael Rooms adjoin each other on the ground floor.
St Michael’s Parish Hall was reopened in 2001, after a £500,000 regeneration project, which rebuilt the Victorian hall as a new community centre for the whole of Bedford Park. The capacity of the building was doubled by adding an extra floor, providing three halls. All are available for hire, at competitive rates. A list of forthcoming concerts and events and regular activities can be found on the noticeboard outside the Hall.
St Michael and All Angels Parish Hall (or Parish Room, as it was originally called) was designed in 1884 by Bedford Park architect Maurice B. Adams, St. Michael’s first churchwarden. A fund was set up to raise money for the Parish Room, through events such as a three-day “Garden Fete and Fancy Fayre” in June 1886, under the patronage of HRH The Princess Mary Adelaide, Duchess of Teck. The Parish Room was completed in 1887.
More about the history of the Parish Hall
Regular events at St Michael & All Angels Parish Hall
Scottish Country Dancing: Beginners Class – 6.00pm;
Social Dancing – 7.10 to 9.30pm in the Michael Room – Ring 07990-573671.
Other activities include
For days, times and details call the Parish Office.
The Hall may be booked for parties, receptions, concerts, charity events and educational activities. Three rooms are available: the Michael Room upstairs and, downstairs, the Gabriel Room and the Raphael Room. Find out more