Every year at St Michael and All Angels, we create a very special, giant Advent Calendar which stands at the back of the church, to support our Christmas Charity Appeal.
The Advent pictures are created by different groups of the congregation and this year it is the turn of the Children’s Church, Youth Church and Creche to create 24 wonderful images of Advent, the nativity or Christmas scenes. See above for some previous entries.
The 24 winning entries will be revealed from behind the Advent Calendar doors, one by one, from December 1st to 24th and will also be available to see online, here on our website.
COME ON!! HAVE A GO, AND SEE IF YOUR PICTURE ENDS UP AS PART OF OUR ADVENT CALENDAR.
Here are the rules – read them carefully!
* Pictures must be on a Christmas or winter theme, such as: angels, Baby Jesus in the stable, the three Kings and the star, shepherds, the ox and the ass, five gold rings, a partridge in a pear tree, snowmen, snowflakes, toys, presents, turkey, Christmas puddings, Christmas tree, Father Christmas…
* Please take lots of care and make them as good and colourful as possible.
* You may use paints or colouring pens.
* They must be a particular size – A5 – half a sheet of A4 paper, so they fit behind the Advent Calendar doors. Please use good quality paper with no lines.
* You can make the picture upright or lengthways (‘Portrait’ or ‘Landscape’).
* Don’t put anything too close to the edge, in case we have to trim it.
* Don’t put your name on the front.
* The 24 pictures will be chosen from entries by children who attend St Michael & All Angels.
* Entries close at Noon on Sunday November 22nd, 2020.
* The Advent Calendar will go on display on Advent Sunday, November 29th 2020.
* CLICK THE LINK BELOW, save a copy and fill in the form. Submit it, with your picture, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Parish Office. Good luck!