30 years ago in 1987, we sang all the hymns in the New English Hymnal – from 1 to 542 – right through the night, in aid of charities. We did it again five years ago to raise funds for our new Organ & Parish Rooms Appeal. It was a wonderful community event and we’re doing it again, to celebrate the Organ, help complete its funding and raise money for our three 2017 charities – The Upper Room, Msaada and our new charity, The Amber Trust – which will receive 20 per cent of the total. The Hymnathon will last about 30 hours, going right through the night – starting at 12 Noon on Friday March 3rd and ending at about 6.30pm on Saturday March 4th 2017. See Hymnathon 2012: The Film – 30 hours in under 3 minutes!
Please join us for as long – or as little – as you like, invite your friends to sing and help us raise money! Here are some ways:
- Make a donation in cash, by cheque (to St Michael & All Angels) or via our new Justgiving page at Hymnathon2017.
- Sponsor our singers and invite your friends to sponsor you. We’ll have sponsor forms from next week.
- Sponsor a hymn that means a lot to you. Once again, the Hymnathon’s Grand Finale will be the hymn that has attracted the most support.
- Help feed our singers: Midnight Feast on Friday, Breakfast on Saturday, Afternoon Tea (with Jerusalem and the National Anthem).
- Text HYMN17 £10 to 70070 to donate to the Hymnathon